Moore Than This

"Here we are living in paradise, living in luxury..."

Monday, July 11, 2005

London

I had planned to start up this blog earlier, but right now the events of last week are still very raw and recent, and I feel they deserve a mention. I lived in London for the first ten years of my life, and still go down there regularly. Just looking at the paper this morning and reading reports of the damage down underground, I found tears welling up in my eyes; something that doesn't usually happen when I read the news. Usually, the effect of presenting events through the media distances them, but this kind of carnage visited on somewhere I know so well has really affected me. For now, I can only offer my condolences to the victims and their families, and hope that the kind of rage we saw in the U.S. after 9/11 doesn't take root here. We are both more and less tolerant then we like to think, and often it's only in times of trial that we find out our best abilities.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home