Moore Than This

"Here we are living in paradise, living in luxury..."

Friday, October 28, 2005

Anguish adjustment

I thought I owed it to you, after a rather anguished post last week, to tell you that things are alright now. I talk to my host family more, and get on well with them. I've been thinking about applying for homestay next semester, as we have to make a decision by next Monday. I liked living in dorms for the first week, but it gave me a glimpse of a lifestyle I'd rather avoid. Homestay, by contrast, is a completely unknown quality. It could be better than my situation now, and it could be worse. That alone makes me feel that it's something I'd be better off doing.

Tomorrow I'm going on a field trip to Hiroshima, organised by Prof. Scott. It's undoubtedly going to be a moving experience, as people who've been there previously have told me. I hope to tell you about it after I get back.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home