Moore Than This

"Here we are living in paradise, living in luxury..."

Thursday, June 29, 2006

My Second-Last Day

Last night I went out with some Australian and Japanese students for a few drinks at an izakaya. Which turned into a few drinks and karaoke afterwards. Great fun, and reminds me that karaoke should also get a mention in the previous post. It's hard to believe that by tomorrow I'll be back in the U.K. Still, it's been an amazing nine months.

I will continue to keep an eye on Japan, blog on any news or issues about it that I find interesting, and of course carry on learning the language. For than anything else, the year abroad has reminded me of why I'm interested in Japan. That's definitely going to help with the remainder of my degree. And after that, I'd like to come back here. While my interest has widened to other countries in Asia over the course of this year, I'm pretty sure that Japan will always hold a special place in my heart.

UPDATE: This post from Adamu at Mutant Frog looks back at his experience in Japan. A good read, and sort of says what I was trying to say.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At June 30, 2006 7:33 pm, Blogger Steve Piercy said…

    Sorry...i've been way behind in blog reading and stuff. Have a great last last day in Japan.

    I've really enjoyed your Japan blogging. Some fantastic photos and great stories. I hope you will keep the blogging bug when you get back!

    Looking forward to "moore to come"!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home