Moore Than This

"Here we are living in paradise, living in luxury..."

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Leaving

Subject is in the title, kids. I'm leaving tomorrow, on JAL's 8pm flight from Heathrow. Am I excited? You bet. Am I scared? You bet some more. But I still wouldn't be doing anything else. I feel like I've had quite a long summer (God knows what a break from late June to late September would do to me), and though I love Histon and Cambridge, I am a little too used to them. I can't wait to spend time living and learning on the other side of the world.

This evening was spent at my friend Matt's house, having dinner with his family. A little act of kindness that I'm immensely grateful for, as I can imagine how I'd feel rattling around in my empty house on my last night. As it is, I'm keeping my nervousness under control. Although that's the thing about being nervous. It only happens until you've got something to keep you busy. I'll be nervous on the bus, in the airport, and on the plane, and then when I land, there'll be so many things to take care of that it will just fade away.

I'd better go and put the finishing touches to my hand luggage, and maybe (gosh!) tidy up the house a bit. An entirely new experience is just round the corner. I can't wait.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home