Moore Than This

"Here we are living in paradise, living in luxury..."

Friday, July 21, 2006

The twin forces

I'm coming to the end of my final week at the language school. It feels like it's gone really fast, and I'm torn between wishing I could stay on a little longer and just wanting to be shot of it. Similar emotions abound with regard to a few of the people I've met here, one in particular. The twin forces of attraction and repulsion are at work - she is very beautiful, which means I could look at her all day, but at the same time just being in her company reminds me of how little we have in common, and I want to avoid her. At some point I ought to wonder how many times I've been in this situation, and then reflect on what that says about me. But then, learning from my mistakes was never my strong point.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home