Moore Than This

"Here we are living in paradise, living in luxury..."

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Connecting, translating, pok(er)ing

We now have broadband in our house, and I am currently tapping away at this post on my laptop. Makes posting a bit more civilised (and easier) when you don't have to go out of the house and head to the computer clusters on campus.

In other news, Level 2 Japanese is working me very hard. I'm staying on top, just about. In translation classes, we are working on an op-ed piece by Shintaro Ishihara, governor of Tokyo, right-wing icon and lover of things robotic. It's an unintentionally hilarious rant against Chinese immigration, featuring some unduly convoluted language which would be a real pain even if I was actually good at translating. We have a great teacher though. It's a shame that I'm firmly in her bad books for missing lessons.

In happier news, I won my first poker game last night. My housemates are fiends for card games, and we play Texas Hold 'Em for small stakes sometimes. Not sure what I'll do with my winnings yet. Oh, who am I kidding, I'll spend 'em all on booze.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home